Senior Apartments, Assisted Living & Dementia Memory Care
Carlton Senior Living Sacramento is two communities on one campus offering a continuum of award-winning senior care with senior apartments, assisted living for those who need a little extra help with daily activities, enhanced assisted living for those with more complex care needs, and memory care for those challenged by dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Carlton Senior Living Sacramento is a vibrant, activity-filled, and service-oriented senior community with lots of opportunities to share laughs, fun, and life with new friends. The architecture is stylish and contemporary, with a warm, inviting, and homey atmosphere. At the center of this beautiful Sacramento assisted living community is a large, blooming courtyard and garden with seating areas and umbrella-covered tables for outdoor socializing.
Basic Rent includes:
- Restaurant-style anytime dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with a wide variety of menu items, including diabetic-friendly options
- The 24-hour Carlton Café
- Lavish Sunday brunch scheduled every month
- Room service available
- Emergency call system and 24-hour staffing
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Weekly personal laundry service
- Convenient transportation with wheelchair access to scheduled activities and appointments
- Apartment maintenance
- Water and electricity
- Low step and roll-in showers
- Individual heating and air conditioning controls
- A full schedule of Personal Expressions activities
Carlton Senior Living Sacramento also provides a quaint environment designed to provide superior care for seniors with dementia-related needs. Residents are able to enjoy a person-centered approach to care that values all people as unique, recognizes individual viewpoints, and honors the connection among us all. Entrances and exits utilize delaying and monitoring technology. Best practices for dementia care are used, as well as state-of-the-art sensory integration and therapeutic treatment tools.
Enhanced assisted living available: Carlton's Enhanced community is just a few steps away if greater assistance is needed, like:
- Medication management
- Daily bed-making and garbage removal
- Many apartments with doors that open to the interior courtyard, providing easy access to common areas and allowing staff greater ability to monitor the resident’s well-being
- A 24/7 onsite nursing staff to manage higher care needs more comprehensively
- Supportive services for post-operative and stroke rehabilitation
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Mobility assistance for neuromuscular conditions such as multiple sclerosis, ALS, Parkinson’s, or muscular dystrophy.
- Hospice care
- Care for residents with colostomies/ileostomies, contractures, fecal impactions/enemas/suppositories, full or half bed rails, hydraulic lifts, indwelling catheters, and bowel and bladder incontinence, plus administration of injections, oxygen and oxygen level checks, wound care, and tracheotomies when an exception is granted
- Personal caregivers certified in Carlton Senior Living’s nationally recognized Advanced Caregiver Training program
Medical Director: While under no obligation from the state licensing agency to have a medical director in an assisted living community, Carlton has chosen to establish that relationship with Dr. Charanjit Sandhu. His advice to the wellness team allows for cohesive oversight of each resident’s well-being. Board certified in internal medicine, Dr. Sandhu is a long-time practitioner in the Sacramento region. He prides himself on an approach to medicine that allows him “to meet patients’ varied needs and to care for their mind, whole body, and spirit.” He also embraces the concept of “concierge medicine,” which allows his patients to receive more of his time and attention for an already negotiated fee that frequently lowers their annual spending on doctor’s visits.
Learn more about our Enhanced Assisted Living Here.
Wellness Team: Staff nurses, both RNs and LVNs, are able to coordinate care, monitor residents’ health status, and follow physicians’ orders for injections and medication management. They also train personal caregiving staff and, at Carlton Senior Living Sacremento, are available onsite 24 hours each day. This allows us to accept and retain residents with greater health-related needs as well as comprehensively manage their care. It also assures that a skilled professional is quickly available should emergencies arise.
Both communities also manage residents’ medication using specially trained Medication Technicians and cutting-edge electronic medication administration records (eMARS) technology. This helps minimize medication errors, increase staff efficiency, provide comprehensive documentation, and improve quality of care.
Carlton Senior Living Sacramento has partnered with Dave Clawson, a local physical therapy practice and offers rehabilitative services onsite. Specially designed exercises, treatment, and equipment help residents and other local patients to improve or regain physical abilities and mobility after a stroke, surgery or injury.
All Carlton Assisted Living Facilities allow onsite hospice care and services. The focus is on comfort and quality of life for the resident and his or her family during the final phase of a terminal illness.
When you choose to make your home at Carlton Senior Living, you, as well as your family, can feel confident in the experienced, capable, and caring staff who do their utmost to ensure beloved residents are well cared for.
Coming home to Carlton Senior Living Sacramento:
- Move-in consultation helps to create a plan to provide the best senior living assistance, health care and life needs.
- A unique Personal Expressions activity program is created that provides for the resident’s hobbies, desires, needs, and abilities.
- Scheduled Family Connection conferences help the family stay in touch with changing lifestyle and healthcare needs.
To learn more about the refined senior living available at Carlton Senior Living Sacramento Assisted Living community, including independent living, enhanced assisted living, and memory care, please call (916) 971-4800 or visit today. Short-term respite and recuperative stays are available.
Conveniences and nearby features
- Great location close to shopping, restaurants and entertainment
- Conveniently close to Kaiser Hospital, Sutter Hospital, and Mercy Medical Center, as well as numerous top physicians
- Award-winning assisted living with a friendly, professional staff offering supportive care such as medication management and help with bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Beautiful garden courtyard with seating areas and walking paths
- Richly appointed common areas including a grand living room, library, game room, and a private dining room for family events
- Award-winning diabetes management and fall reduction programs
- Carlton Senior Living’s advanced caregiver training; a “Best of the Best” award winner from the Assisted Living Federation of America that exceeds state standards and certifies the wellness teams to provide great care for residents
About the senior apartments:
- Alcove studio with just enough space for the resident who wants to spend most of their day in the living room, game room, courtyards, and common areas
- One-bedroom apartment with a master suite and separate living/dining areas
- Two-bedroom apartment with two accommodating bedrooms separated by the living room and dining room
A Big Thank You!
I want to share with you that I heard from three different families who have expressed gratitude for all that Carlton Senior living Sacramento has done for them.
I have been told "they really have gone above and beyond for my family." Another family member shared with me, "I am grateful for all that they have done for my mother and my husband. "A resident's granddaughter said to me, "They are his second family."
I am glad to be sharing all of this with you. It is a pleasure working alongside you and the rest of your staff, providing compassionate patient care to our shared patients.
From The Blog
From The Blog
RCFE Lic 347002787