Senior Apartments, Assisted Living & Dementia Memory Care
Carlton Plaza Sacramento is two communities on one campus offering a continuum of award-winning senior care with senior apartments, assisted living for those who need a little extra help with daily activities, enhanced assisted living for those with more complex care needs, and memory care for those challenged by dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Carlton Plaza of Sacramento is a vibrant, activity-filled, and service-oriented senior community with lots of opportunities to share laughs, fun, and life with new friends. The architecture is stylish and contemporary, with a warm, inviting, and homey atmosphere. At the center of this beautiful Sacramento assisted living community is a large, blooming courtyard and garden with seating areas and umbrella-covered tables for outdoor socializing.
- Restaurant-style anytime dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with a wide variety of menu items, including diabetic-friendly options.
- The 24-hour Carlton Café.
- Lavish Sunday brunch scheduled every month.
- Room service when needed for temporary illness.
- Emergency call system and 24-hour staffing.
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service.
- Weekly personal laundry service.
- Convenient transportation with wheelchair access to scheduled activities and appointments.
- Apartment maintenance.
- Water, garbage, and electricity.
- Low step and roll-in showers.
- Individual heating and air conditioning controls.
- A full schedule of Personal Expressions activities.
Enhanced assisted living available: Carlton Plaza’s sister community Crown Plaza is just a few steps away if extra assistance is needed, with senior services like:
- Medication management.
- Daily bed-making and garbage removal.
- Many apartments with doors that open to the interior courtyard, providing easy access to common areas and allowing staff greater ability to monitor the resident’s well-being.
- A 24/7 onsite nursing staff to manage higher care needs more comprehensively.
- Supportive services for post-operative and stroke rehabilitation.
- Assistance with activities of daily living.
- Mobility assistance for neuromuscular conditions such as multiple sclerosis, ALS, Parkinson’s, or muscular dystrophy.
- Hospice care.
- Care for residents with colostomies/ileostomies, contractures, fecal impactions/enemas/suppositories, full or half bed rails, hydraulic lifts, indwelling catheters, and bowel and bladder incontinence, plus administration of injections, oxygen and oxygen level checks, wound care, and tracheotomies when an exception is granted.
- Personal caregivers certified in Carlton Senior Living’s nationally recognized Advanced Caregiver Training program.
Carlton Senior Living’s LiFE – Letting Individuality Freely Exist – is a person-centered approach to memory care for those challenged by Alzheimer’s and dementia. Carlton Senior Living team members have concentrated, specialized training that enable them to join residents on their journeys; honoring the spirit of the residents whose lives have been changed by dementia, while celebrating the person who still is.
The LiFE caregiving philosophy values all people as unique, recognizes individual viewpoints, and honors the connection among us. It acknowledges that human life is grounded in relationships. This memory and Alzheimer’s care program provides Sacramento County residents challenged by Alzheimer’s disease and dementia a rewarding and meaningful social environment which compensates for their impairment and promotes retention of daily living skills. The goal at Carlton Plaza of Sacramento is to respond with appropriate care in a gentle, family-like environment.
The LiFE program utilizes best practices in dementia care with innovative programs such as Coro Health music therapy and Dakim BrainFitness training. The Carlton Senior Living team understands the unique behaviors that frequently accompany memory loss. They use gentle redirection as well as touch and reassuring smiles to build trusting relationships.
A comprehensive activities program enhances the memory care resident’s success moment-to-moment. Health-related care needs are closely monitored so medication and assistance with activities of daily living can be managed comfortably.
State-of-the-art technology monitors the memory care area with a delayed entrance/egress system at doorways. A full schedule of special events allows family members to celebrate life with their loved ones.
Coming home to Carlton Plaza Sacramento Assisted Living:
- Move-in consultation helps to create a plan to provide the best senior living assistance, health care and life needs.
- A unique Personal Expressions activity program is created that provides for the resident’s hobbies, desires, needs, and abilities.
- Scheduled Family Connection conferences help the family stay in touch with changing lifestyle and healthcare needs.
To learn more about the refined senior living available at Carlton Plaza Sacramento Assisted Living community, including independent living, enhanced assisted living, and memory care, please call (916) 971-4800 or visit today. Short-term respite and recuperative stays are available.
Conveniences and nearby features
- Great location close to shopping, restaurants and entertainment
- Conveniently close to Kaiser Hospital, Sutter Hospital, and Mercy Medical Center, as well as numerous top physicians
- Award-winning assisted living with a friendly, professional staff offering supportive care such as medication management and help with bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Beautiful garden courtyard with seating areas and walking paths
- Richly appointed common areas including a grand living room, library, game room, and a private dining room for family events
- Award-winning diabetes management and fall reduction programs
- Carlton Senior Living’s advanced caregiver training; a “Best of the Best” award winner from the Assisted Living Federation of America that exceeds state standards and certifies the wellness teams to provide great care for residents
About the senior apartments:
- Alcove studio with just enough space for the resident who wants to spend most of their day in the living room, game room, courtyards, and common areas
- One-bedroom apartment with a master suite and separate living/dining areas
- Two-bedroom apartment with two accommodating bedrooms separated by the living room and dining room