Diabetes Management is an important step in the overall care of many seniors. Carlton Senior Living offers a complete care program designed to enhance health and well-being for those with Type 1 or 2 diabetes. Our Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) are ready to assist residents in their daily diabetes management plan.
Our customized Diabetes Management approach includes:
- Blood Glucose Checks– Monitoring is supervised or performed as ordered by your physician.
- Medicine Management– Daily assistance with the administration of insulin is provided, as well as support in managing your additional medications.
- Discount Pharmacy Program– Prescriptions are written as needed with competitive pricing.
- Nutrition– Evaluation and support is provided to help residents get the daily nutrients they need that can affect weight and blood glucose levels.
- Activity– Planned exercise sessions are offered in a group setting.
- Education– A monthly education and diabetic forum addresses daily diabetic management issues such as healthy eating and exercise for a better life.